Saturday, June 01, 2013

Paris Photo Scavenger Hunt

I made a list before my trip of stereotypical things about Paris that I'd like to get in photographs. Got most of them! Because of rain, I wasn't able to get a picnic in progress or an artist en plein air. I also never did find a cream puff swan in a patisserie window. :)

Here's what I did get:

A handwritten menu du jour.

A bride.

An art nouveau metro sign.

The Mona Lisa. That's Mitch with the ponytail.

A kissing couple.

This one is Rodin.

A protest. We saw four of them.


This one is a wildcard I hadn't planned on. A Turkish toilet!  It's a hole in the floor with ceramic foot pads. And you better know (thankfully, I did) to jump out of the way when you flush, because the water sprays out over the entire floor.

Gargoyles! Seen from the top of Notre Dame cathedral. These bad boys are frightening. On another cathedral, I saw gargoyles in the shape of rats, birds, dogs and cats.

Graffiti.

A boat on the Seine.

The Arc du Triomphe and the Champs Elysees.

Street sign on the corner of a building.

The Louvre pyramid.

Pastries.

A Parisienne walking a dog.

The Eiffel Tower.

No comments: