Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Wonderful Birthday Weekend Travel

For my birthday, we went to Jacksonville Beach, Florida. Instead of being warm (like it was two weeks ago) it was cold! And it rained a lot.

No worries! When it was raining, we headed inside to the Cummer Museum in Jacksonville and saw wonderful art. We found a portrait in the museum from the 1800s of four Dickson boys, who may be my relatives. That was a surprise.

Then we walked over in the drizzle to an amazing tea house that had Indian food as well as the traditional tea sandwich kind of things you would expect. We also saw the house where my father lived while growing up. My grandparents were the original owners.

We found a terrific coffee shop, wonderful breakfast place, and a truly memorable locals' seafood restaurant. We tried three different microbreweries. Our favorite was Engine 15.

On the pier, we saw pelicans begging for food, and spotted a dolphin.

On our drive back home, we detoured to St. Simons' Island for lunch at my favorite cafe', Palm Coast. We walked the St. Simons' beach and through the neighborhood. I love it there.



















No comments: