Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Hot Chocolate Run 15K

Earlier this month I ran the Hot Chocolate 15K in Atlanta with my husband, and my BFF ran her first race, the 5K division. Here we are at the Expo, picking up our race packets and the real reason we did this race, the technical hoodie! 15K is 9.3 miles and 5K is 3.1 miles.



The race started at the site of the 1996 Olympics near the Olympic flame. We could see it from our hotel.


There were twenty thousand runners! Big race.


Here we are before my friend took off for the 5K. Woo hoo!

This is a shirt I saw someone wearing on the course, LOVE IT.


Our 15K route through Atlanta. Very scenic course, through places I had not been before.

Hurting a little bit, or my smile would have been wider!

Mitch crossing the finish line! White shirt.


At the end, they gave us hot chocolate, chocolate fondue and dipping stuff...pretzels, marshmallows, Rice Crispies treats, wafer cookies and a banana. Lesson: I do NOT want chocolate after a long race. I want BEER. I had a really fun time, it was a great race.

No comments: