Wednesday, November 28, 2012

TURKEY TROTS!

Mitch and I did a 5K Gobbler Run here in Athens the Sunday before Thanksgiving, and on Thanksgiving morning we did an 8K race in Knoxville with my sister-in-law. In both races, we wore turkey hats that I crocheted for us! It was so much fun. Runners came up and started conversations with us, police officers holding back traffic on the race course made comments, and people outside their houses watching the race goggled. Haha!

In the first race, the 5K, one of my knitter friends ran too, sans hat. She won her age group and got a trophy! It's the first time I have ever stayed for an awards ceremony, I am so slow, I never win and most times the awards are already given out before I even cross the finish line. So it was a new experience to me to get to see a friend win a trophy! It was great.

On Thanksgiving morning, my mom, stepdad and step-aunt did the 2 mile race while pushing my nephew, Isaac, in the stroller. Didn't get a pic of that though. They waited at the finish line for us and cheered us on! That was nice of them, since we were out there a lot longer (8K is just shy of 5 miles).

Here's my pics!









No comments: