Saturday, September 10, 2011

Starting to Sketch in My Travel Journal

Today I started my first sketch inside my travel journal. I'm thinking I may have to work a lot from my own photographs during the trip, because I'm not fast enough yet to sketch on the go. Hopefully with practice, I will be. This sketch is working from a photo I found online.

I remember when I first started knitting. There was a lot to remember, and a lot I didn't understand. It took a lot of time and concentration at first. Learning to sketch feels like that, and just like when I was learning to knit, I have to do it in small doses. Thank goodness, I did learn how to knit (and crochet), so I am resisting the impulse to give up on drawing. Learning to knit is one of the best things I ever learned. I'm hoping drawing will be, too. And after that, watercolor!



No comments: