Tuesday, February 01, 2011

I AM BACK! One half marathon coming up.




When my health problems got bad, I thought my relationship with this bracelet was over. I buy charms for the races I run. Since I did a 14 miler on Saturday in preparation for an upcoming half marathon, I am calling it! I AM BACK and I am wearing my bracelet!

Charms L to R:
Oil derrick, 10K in Bakersfield, California where there's a ton of oil drilling. I was last. The race director came out looking for me. :)

Pelican: 2 miler in Kenner, La with my sister.

"No More Excuses": Crescent City Classic 10K in New Orleans with my mom and a friend.

Santa: my new Christmas tradition, an Athens 5K.

Mardi Gras mask symbolizing NOLA races.

Turkey: my now annual turkey trot 5K in Athens.

26.2 self explanatory. New Orleans marathon.

Penguin: For John "The Penguin" Bingham, because I am SLOW.

Georgia peach: my first Georgia race, 5K along Lake Rabun.

13.1 New Orleans half marathon.

1 comment:

Anita said...

I heard you were running again and were doing a 1/2. Great job! we missed you at knitting. Can't wait to hear about your race at our next meeting, Anita