Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Running, running, running...

Half marathon training continues!

I have developed a new winter running regimen. Every 3 miles, I stop and have a steaming hot cup of cafe' au lait and a snack. It's only civilized!

I also decided that now that the miles are longer, I'll take a page out of backpacker lore. While I'm having my cafe au lait, I also put on a fresh, dry pair of socks. This past Sunday I did eleven miles and did not get any blisters.

I may be a lot slower than most, but I finish strong with a smile.

After 11 miles, a final cafe' au lait break...


My favorite song when the miles get hard is by the Black Eyed Peas:



Between miles 10 and 11, all I could think of was this cartoon...


My new running partner, Frosty...



Mitch and I at a 5k Thanksgiving race.

1 comment:

Hip Mountain Mama said...

I love your approach! Congrats!
Suzy