Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Home Progress!

Since I keep unwittingly buying duplicate items of furniture that my aunt Marty used to have, I am interested to find out if she also had one of these Heywood-Wakefield "Sculptura" end tables. Originally blonde, someone stained this one dark. Made in the '50s, we found this one this weekend at our favorite resale shop. Score! Made of solid birch, this is real furniture. It's heavy!



Living room from different angles, with the FlexSteel couch, two mushroom lamps, Lane end tables and Lane coffeetable, with period chairs. Curtains made by me from fabric purchased in Honolulu. Click to enlarge the photo.



We put new French doors leading to the patio from both the living room and the green dining room....



Living room...bamboo print purchased in Honolulu from Yuri Farrant. Surfboard tiki dude panels on each side are by Westwood Chadwick...wood surf tikis mounted on metal.



This is a photo of Yuri Farrant when we made the purchase...An Emmy award winning cinematographer, he has worked on movies such as "What Dreams May Come" and "Abyss" among many others, and loads of commercials.



Incense holder I assembled...project idea from a book my mom gave me, "Handmade Modern" by Todd Oldham.

3 comments:

Link said...

Get the best Modern Living Room Furniture India with particular emphasis on designs from mid-century through contemporary designs from the early 21st century at theurbandecor.com.This is the best Online Store for Modern Furniture.

SupaCindy3000 said...

I love the style of your house!

wrought iron furniture said...

I will make sure and bookmark this page, I will come back to follow you more.