Monday, June 01, 2009

In NOLA

In New Orleans helping out, mom had an operation. She was released from the hospital yesterday.

Some photos...

Plate lunch from Crabby Jack's on River Rd. Yes, I gave up on my food plan, but I am going home tomorrow to the straight and narrow. 8-) This is a fried mirliton slice topped with a huge scoop of seafood dressing, laid on a bed of TWO kinds of shrimp: fried shrimp and remoulade shrimp. Side of red potato salad with egg, and a green salad. And a Barq's, OF COURSE!



What I see when I jog through the neighborhood in a futile attempt to burn off what I am eating...





Fountain in the hospital, in an indoor solarium..



Sculpted palm in the hospital solarium...



View from the hospital while waiting for the elevator...


Another view while waiting for the elevator...it's the Mississippi River.


Mom sent my sister Sarah and me out for a day of fun in the French Quarter the day before her surgery...here we are in the Absinthe House on Pirate's Alley next to the cathedral.



Trying absinthe...they pour the absinthe over a sugar cube and light the cube on fire. When it burns off, they drip ice water slowly over the cube to dissolve it into the absinthe. Mine tasted like NyQuil. I think it's an acquired taste. Sarah's tasted more herb-like. Woody, sort of.



My sister, Sarah.



2 comments:

Felipe said...

So what´s the problem with your mama? I´ve sent two emails.

Anna said...

Thanks for the pics - it was interesting to see them. Hope your mum is ok after her surgery.