Tuesday, September 30, 2008

PROGRESS: Knitting for Hawaii



Almost done, but not quite. I still have to do 2 more piping bands of green at top and bottom, so that all of the orange has piping around it. For knitters, it's because this was knitted in the round and the color change and stitch change really shows up that jog. UGH! It really bothers me. The piping disguises it.

This is from Stefanie Japel's pattern, Cleo. I modified it. I shortened mine greatly...the original pattern has this at tunic length, and on me it snugged around the booty with the orange stripe under the rear. Not favorable for the junk in MY trunk! LOL I made mine tank length.

I'm sewing a cami in mine as a lining, after cutting off the cami straps.

Probably will have to finish this on the plane to Honolulu, I'm pretty much out of time.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Looks terrific!

I just discovered a way of doing the jogless colour change over at http://techknitting.blogspot.com/ . I don't do much colourwork, so I had to look it up.

laurel said...

Love your blog! The shirt looks amazing! Enjoy Hawaii, I'm a little jealous, I haven't taken a vacation in... years? Ugh. But I have plans to go to the Keys this winter. If I don't go snorkeling soon I'll wither into a sad, pale ball. The Grit will miss you while you're gone!