Saturday, August 09, 2008

Ravelympics Shawl Day One

Don't worry, I won't be posting daily updates of the shawl project.

Yesterday I had to rip out at least 3 times, which was extremely time consuming because it's mohair. Mohair grabs onto itself intensely; you can't just rip it out like other yarns or it becomes an immovable knot and you have to cut. It's like getting gum in your hair; exactly like that. I finally figured out the repetitive error I was making, so hopefully it will be smooth sailing from here.



2 comments:

Becca Claire said...

Hi there! I found your blog link in the Athens Area Knitters group on Ravelry :)

This is very pretty! I wish I had looked into the ravelympics more when joining teams and such was going on.

Terri D. said...

Go, girl, go...and thanks for being such an awesome Team Captain (Selfish Knitters) over on Ravelry.