Saturday, August 02, 2008

Knitting, Knitting and More Knitting

Working on two summer tanks for my upcoming trip to Hawaii. As usual, both have involved ripping back and re-doing because of mistakes. Sigh. I have yet to complete a project that did not involve ripping...but I learn something new each time. I'm still a beginner when it comes to knitting. Lots to learn! That keeps it interesting.

This tank will have a coral high bodice, with a Carribbean turquoise body, ending with coral and bright green at the hem. The coral bodice will also be trimmed all the way around with the green. Yarn is really nice...soysilk, hemp and wool.


Finally finished (I hope) the front of the Lacy Summer Tank (cotton). I might have to rip out one of the straps for a second time because of a twisted decrease...others over on Ravelry have told me it might resolve itself after washing. I'm going to soak it and let it dry before seaming to see if that is the case.


Teaching myself to knit is the best, #1 thing I have ever done for myself. It has taught me patience and is very calming. It keeps my mind engaged, learning new things. I look forward to learning how to make cables...and this winter, I'll be working on a hat that has patterns knitted in with colors. It has images of skiers.

No comments: