Sunday, August 24, 2008

I DID IT!



Finished my Ravelympics 2008 shawl. It's mohair. Developed a callus on top of my right index finger from doing this.

Started: 08/08/08 during the exact time the Opening Ceremonies were happening in Beijing.
Finished: 08/22/08.

15 Days to get it off the needles and blocking, which was my goal. Then took the better part of another day to get the fringe on. I'll wear it during the Closing Ceremonies tonight!



Here's a picture of it being wet blocked on stainless steel wires (before fringe). You wet the garment, stretch it into shape, and either use wires to hold the shape right, or pins. This shawl is wider across the top than a bed is long.

4 comments:

Bethany said...

Congratulations!! It's absolutely beautiful!!

Sarah said...

And the gold goes to.... Celeste! Beautiful job and i can't believe you finished it so quickly! Love you my sistah!

Anonymous said...

Wow. It is a nice job. I'm really jealous.
Stan

Celeste said...

I can't believe I finished it, either. It got done because I didn't do much of anything else for 17 days!