Thursday, July 17, 2008

My Ravelympics Sponsors & Lagniappe

Signups for the "Knitting Olympics" on Ravelry, the "Ravelympics" has now reached ONE THOUSAND knitters and still rising.

One of the discussions going on now about Ravelympics 2008 is that the knitters' (a.k.a. "Ravthletes") Olympic Knitting Sponsors are the people who bought the yarn being knitted. My sponsors, who paid for the mohair I will be knitting into a shawl (hey, this hobby ain't cheap, my friend!) are:

dear hubby, Mitch (pictured here in Malibu outside one of my favorite restaurants EVAH, Gladstone's)...


and, my grandmother Dee (Virginia) and aunt Diane, both sponsors when they treated me to a yarn gift certificate that I cashed in for the mohair (pictured in The Olive Garden).


Yep. It took three people to buy that mohair. Thank you Ravelympics sponsors!!!

Here are a few more photos from last January of Mitch and me at Gladstone's in Malibu, did I mention I love that place?

Hubby Mitch...


Me, exhausted from the trip and time difference, about to get a Mai Tai before visiting the in-laws...



View from inside the restaurant...


Ever hopeful gull...


Ahhh...love being on the beach in Malibu, even if it is brief...


Outside of the restaurant...Malibu...


View on the way to the in-laws' (driving from L.A. towards Bakersfield).

No comments: