Wednesday, November 07, 2007

WIP: Cozy V-Neck Pullover

Whew! This sweater is an exercise in persistence. I had seen others' blog posts about this sweater's "miles of ribbing", but now I am experiencing first hand what that feels like. It really does get boring after awhile. But I keep going because the design of this sweater results in a garment that while fitted, feels like a comfy, worn t-shirt because of the give.

The yarn is 50% llama and 50% wool, and is so lightweight it doesn't feel like you're wearing a sweater. But it is TOASTY!

After I finish the miles of torso ribbing (still not done yet...it comes down past the waist), I'll move on to the miles of ribbed sleeves and ribbed neckline.

I think I'm going to LOVE wearing this sweater. The lavender color from the outside photo is more true.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Celeste,

This is beautiful. You can really see the color in the second picture. And it looks so flattering on you.

Stan

Rubys & Purls said...

I really like that color too! I am still on the miles of knitting, but ribbing will happen soon. The Turtle Neck Vest from the FK book was the same way - miles of ribbing. Hopefully this wool/llama blend will be better on the wrists than 100% cotton. Whew that was rough!