Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Thrifting Treasures

Hit the thrift stores this week on a secret knitterly mission, and found these other treasures:

tiki mugs, $5 for the set, I had to rescue them.


below: retro night light, only $2! I have been looking at these in the retro shops for a couple years now, usually priced from $40 - $20. I can't believe I found one in a Goodwill for $2. The brass base with it's shell motif, and the paper fan which matches our bedding colors, make it perfect for our beach themed master bedroom.


below: I had to rescue this from the thrift store, somebody spent A LOT of time making this afghan. Groovy!

2 comments:

Trev Diesel said...

All of it is cool, but that afghan is especially sweet! Groovy indeed!

Anonymous said...

WOW. Think of the unraveling you could do. Not that you will do that, but sometimes in magic we have to unravel things to start anew. Ah. The lessons of knitting.