Wednesday, July 18, 2007

below: I had to take apart this chandelier because it desperately needed a thorough cleaning. 90 handwashed crystals and a vaccuumed and dusted base later, it was ready to hang in it's new place. This wonderful fixture was given to me for free by friends who were getting rid of it.


below: my raspberry room looks like it will need FOUR coats to get the color even. ACK! The more coats it gets, the more it looks like red. I'm considering doing a top layer of whitewash to offset the encroaching feel of the deep color. Will wait until later to decide, since I also hated how the master bedroom pain looked while in process, but loved it once I was finished.

3 comments:

Trev Diesel said...

That chandelier is really pretty! Looks like something my wife would put up...

Bethany said...

Stunning, especially in the raspberry room!

Yeah, those are crocs I'm wearing. They are very comfy.

Bethany said...

Oh, god, you're lining the bag! Ack! Um, I'm not fussy about what kind of lining it is. I'm impressed that you are lining it, period!