Friday, February 23, 2007

Decorating for Happiness

I plan on decorating our new house guided by the principle that we can increase our happiness by having only images and things in our home that make us feel good (and getting rid of those things that don't). I'll be using watercolor paintings created by my mother in many areas of the house, as well as photos I took in Hawaii. I'll base my decorating scheme on the colors in the art and photos.

Here are three floral shots I took on Oahu. Just looking at them makes me feel cheerful. I had them enlarged to 8x10 and will get them nicely framed and matted.



1 comment:

Trev Diesel said...

"having only images and things in our home that make us feel good (and getting rid of those things that don't)"

Sounds like a damn fine plan! That's a great way to judge what "stays" and what "goes."