Monday, January 01, 2007

Atomic Ranch


(I just ordered the above calendar for our new house...it says things like, "Sometimes I'm so sweet even I can't stand it", "Well this day was a total waste of makeup", "When I'm not shopping, cooking and cleaning, I'm focusing on my career!" and "There's no household chore that a little chardonnay doesn't make easier.")

There's even a magazine devoted to ranch homes, "Atomic Ranch". From their website:

"Atomic Ranch is a quarterly devoted to 1940's - 1070's ranch houses and modernist tract homes. They're cooler than you think..."

Check out photos of cool ranch homes on their site:
http://www.atomic-ranch.com/pastissues12.html

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The house looks wonderful. Though ranch houses do come from the '40s, '50s and '60s, they best reflect the 1950s, the happiest decade in the U.S. during the 20th century.

The tranquillity of President Eisenhower and the advent of fun rock ´n roll.

You will be happy there. Love those windows.

gratefulbear said...

Speaking of retro...

I just got a new car, a jet-black PT Cruiser convertible that looks like something Perry Mason would have driven. The weather has been cold and rainy lately, so I haven't had a chance to drive it with the top down yet.

lee-n-nola said...

The 50's weren't much fun at all. I was there. People were worried about the bomb and trying to recover from WWII. Conformity was the most important thing. That's why we had to have the 60's and 70's.