"The idea is to create a list of food bloggers' top picks for things you've eaten and think that everyone should eat at least once before they die." It comes from Melissa at The Traveler's Lunch Box (click title of this post to go to her page).
Here's my list:
1. cannoli from Brocato's in New Orleans - THIS IS NOT TO BE MISSED!
2. bananas on the island of St. Lucia in the West Indies. They taste better than any banana you've ever had in your life.
3. the "Hawaiian breakfast" of half a fresh papaya filled with granola and yogurt served by the restaurant Eggs & Things in Waikiki. Sit at the surf board bar.
4. as a vegan, the one thing I really miss is a good ol' sloppy New Orleans roast beef po'boy, smothered in mayo, gravy, and "dressed" - lettuce and tomato. On the incomparable New Orleans french bread. Have a Barq's root beer with it. "It's got bite, baby!"
5. rose mint tea at the New Orleans jazz fest.