Monday, August 07, 2006

Fur Children

This is what happens when two animal lovers get married. A menagerie! We also have a cockatiel, will post a photo of him later.

This is Stevie, a boycat. I rescued him at a retreat center where I used to work, staff members rather routinely left their animals behind when they quit.



This is Tate (TAH-tay), a girlcat...Mitch got her and her runt sister from a box of kittens being given away at a grocery store.


And this is her litter sister, Peta (PET-ah)...


Peta caught in the act of bathing...


And here is Dakota, a girldog, who likes to hide under the table...I got her from the dog pound.

4 comments:

Nolagirlie said...

I love your fur children! (Baby is your fur niece I guess?!)

Celeste said...

Baby is the Princess of the Planet.

911EMD said...

Your babies are adorable, I want a kitty so bad, but our Sadie doesn't play well with others, she's a little old and cranky.

Bryanna Clark Grogan said...

They are beautiful! Despite having a huge family (though the "kids", of course, are dispersed) we have three cats, too, and DH would love a dog, but the cats would not! We do get to babysit for our grandogs sometimes, my stepson Sean's gorgeous big dogs Skeena and Huan (pronounced hoon-- some Lord of the Rings or Star Wars name, I think).

Once, a few years ago, DH and i were discussing something about our cats-- fussing about something, I guess-- I and I overheard one of my grown daughters say to another, "Well, they don't have children around anymore." !!