Blogger Isaiah tagged me in a cyber game. I normally don't do this stuff either, but it is a fun way to see other people's blogs.
Here's the guidelines:
The first player of this game starts with "5 weird things/habits about yourself". In the end you need to choose 5 people to be tagged and list their names. The people who get tagged need to write a blog about their 5 weird things/habits, as well as state this rule clearly, then tag 5 more victims. Don't forget to leave your victim a comment that says "you're tagged!" in their comments and tell them to read your blog.
5 Weird things/habits about me:
(Because I am so naturally disorganized, I have to consciously build structure around myself to keep from stressing out, crashing and burning. I am an Aries Sun AND Aries Moon, plus a Pitta dosha! ACK! sooo...)
1. I keep an organizer manual specific for Christmas planning and start planning Christmas a minimum of 12 weeks out. Otherwise I turn into a screaming insane person and am no fun and have no fun. My Christmas manual is a blend of the FREE organizer Holiday Control Journal from FlyLady and the manual at Organized Christmas.
2. I also clean my house using the FlyLady's advice of using a timer. I clean in for 15 minutes in a room and when the timer goes off, move to a different room. Changing rooms really makes a difference and somehow you can go a lot longer without it being drudgery. FlyLady's program (FLY: Finally Loving Yourself) ties in how we keep our homes with how we are treating ourselves personally. It's a deceptively deep philosophy of self-care.
3. Since going into business for myself, I had to get a handle on bookkeeping. My natural inclination is to wait until tax time and then scramble around gathering receipts and feeling miserable. This year, I have been entering all outgo and ingo immediately onto my computer - do not pass go! This is going to make a huge difference.
4. I usually post a monthly calendar on my refrigerator with all my appointments (another FlyLady idea). I check it the night before and therefore I know what I am doing, when to get ready, and am now rarely late.
5. I make a menu plan each week with shopping list. I go grocery shopping once per week. Since my meal plan from morning to bedtime is already planned, I never have to wonder what to cook or if I have the ingredients. I know my nutrition is balanced. I have kept off a large amount of weight that I lost for three years now using this method.
I am tagging my sister who has registered a blog on blogger but not written anything yet. Maybe this will get her started in our blogosphere. She is a fabulous writer! Her main blog is on myspace but you have to register to see that one. Let's see you on blogger, Sarah!
I'm tagging Sarah, Darrell, Trev, Deb, and Bethany (childhood friend from Canada; I knit too, but not as well as she does).