Thursday, July 27, 2006

TAGGED!

Blogger Isaiah tagged me in a cyber game. I normally don't do this stuff either, but it is a fun way to see other people's blogs.

Here's the guidelines:

The first player of this game starts with "5 weird things/habits about yourself". In the end you need to choose 5 people to be tagged and list their names. The people who get tagged need to write a blog about their 5 weird things/habits, as well as state this rule clearly, then tag 5 more victims. Don't forget to leave your victim a comment that says "you're tagged!" in their comments and tell them to read your blog.

5 Weird things/habits about me:

(Because I am so naturally disorganized, I have to consciously build structure around myself to keep from stressing out, crashing and burning. I am an Aries Sun AND Aries Moon, plus a Pitta dosha! ACK! sooo...)

1. I keep an organizer manual specific for Christmas planning and start planning Christmas a minimum of 12 weeks out. Otherwise I turn into a screaming insane person and am no fun and have no fun. My Christmas manual is a blend of the FREE organizer Holiday Control Journal from FlyLady and the manual at Organized Christmas.

2. I also clean my house using the FlyLady's advice of using a timer. I clean in for 15 minutes in a room and when the timer goes off, move to a different room. Changing rooms really makes a difference and somehow you can go a lot longer without it being drudgery. FlyLady's program (FLY: Finally Loving Yourself) ties in how we keep our homes with how we are treating ourselves personally. It's a deceptively deep philosophy of self-care.

3. Since going into business for myself, I had to get a handle on bookkeeping. My natural inclination is to wait until tax time and then scramble around gathering receipts and feeling miserable. This year, I have been entering all outgo and ingo immediately onto my computer - do not pass go! This is going to make a huge difference.

4. I usually post a monthly calendar on my refrigerator with all my appointments (another FlyLady idea). I check it the night before and therefore I know what I am doing, when to get ready, and am now rarely late.

5. I make a menu plan each week with shopping list. I go grocery shopping once per week. Since my meal plan from morning to bedtime is already planned, I never have to wonder what to cook or if I have the ingredients. I know my nutrition is balanced. I have kept off a large amount of weight that I lost for three years now using this method.

I am tagging my sister who has registered a blog on blogger but not written anything yet. Maybe this will get her started in our blogosphere. She is a fabulous writer! Her main blog is on myspace but you have to register to see that one. Let's see you on blogger, Sarah!

I'm tagging Sarah, Darrell, Trev, Deb, and Bethany (childhood friend from Canada; I knit too, but not as well as she does).

6 comments:

deb said...

Hey! Why'ja pick li'l ol' me? I was just minding my own business, lurking about... :-) BTW, I also like to read Tales of Zapata Street, which is truly how I found your blog. Funny how one read leads to another. Interested web of a community, isn't it?

deb said...

Oops! I meant to type: "Interesting web of a community, isn't it?"

Makes more sense when one does a pre-proof reads and it's not post-proof read! Heh.

Celeste said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Trev Diesel said...

Thanks Celeste! I finally got mine up, although yours are way more detailed!

BTW - i had heard about that 15-minute thing before. Sounds groovy!

From one organizer to another,

cheers!

gratefulbear said...

OK, I've responded to your tag and posted 5 weird things about myself at my blog. Now the whole world can see how deeply weird I am!!!

isaiah said...

My wife does something very similar to #1- thankfully!

As for #2- I've heard about this, but I generally clean myself out of the room and then finish with vacuming.

I really would like to do #5- but being the only vegitarian in the house makes it alittle hard...
Great weird things- but not so weird afterall!