Monday, June 26, 2006

Further Festival, 1997




Phil Lesh & Friends Concert, 2006



Last night my husband and I went to see the Phil Lesh & Friends concert in Atlanta.
Joan Osbourne was the vocalist (LOVE HER!). In the third set, Dickie Betz, formerly of the Allman Bros, was special guest. They did an amazing "Ramblin' Man".

Other predictable favorites in the show were "Scarlet Begonia" and "Fire on the Mountain".

It was weird to be at Lakewood Ampitheater again (now HiFi Buys) without the group of people I used to go there with. Best I can tell, it must have been 1997 when we went to see Further Festival. Is that right?

To me it seemed that spirits of my friends were dancing up on the grass. Has it been 9 years?

If you are receiving this post as an email, you will need to click through on the Title link to see the photos accompanying this post (two Further Fest photos and two from last night).

4 comments:

gratefulbear said...

Wow! Has it been 9 years???

Celeste said...

Those were the days my friends
We thought they'd never end
We'd sing and dance
Forever and a day
We'd live the life we choose
We'd fight and never lose
For we were young
And yes those were the days!

Celeste said...

P.S. Hey Darrell, we're lookin' pretty good for being almost 10 years older!

isaiah said...

Nothing like live music- friends and doing all over again, year after year!

I hear Ya!