Thursday, June 15, 2006

BYODO-IN TEMPLE ON OAHU.

Blogger Isaiah noticed that my profile photo was taken in Waikiki. I was there last Fall on vacation. I thought I would not like Honolulu, because it is a big metropolis. But I LOVED it and hope to return soon. Unlike the other trip we made that year, the the Carribbean island of St. Lucia in the West Indies where we were burglarized (but I digress). I'd show you a photo of St. Lucia, but my camera was stolen.

Back to happy Aloha times on Oahu, Isaiah asked if I'd visited the Byodo-In temple and indeed I did! Made a point of it. Below are photos of this gorgeous place. It's an interfaith Buddhist temple...inside there are plaques hanging on the walls representing various major world religions. There was a bathroom on the grounds with a full length mirror, and on the mirror was a sign to make sure the door stayed shut because the male peacock on site was coming in and fighting with his own reflection, damaging himself.

You can view a live webcam on Waikiki, where I walked with my very own feet! I wish I was there right now. One of the best times of my entire life was taking a nap on the beach with my DH, trade winds keeping us cool. http://www.co.honolulu.hi.us/cameras/waikiki_beach/waikikistill.htm



2 comments:

Trev Diesel said...

Hey Celeste - I was tipped on to your blog from Darrell's site. It's so cool you're doing Teacher Training - I still think that may be something I do in the next 5 years.

I love the site, I'll swing by often.

Trev Diesel

gratefulbear said...

It's so nice to see my cyberfriends Trev and Isaiah here! And Celeste, I hope you post any pictures you have of Kwan Yin.

bearhugs ~
Darrell